Loan Repayment for Car Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Repayment for Car Question

Chase recently gave me a 6.9% car loan for a 3 year old car. On the application that I filled out for the loan I put my home phone number down.

I currently owe Chase on CC debt of $8k and they recently have begun calling my cell phone number which has now increased my cell bill by about 100% as they have called about 11 times per day for the past two weeks. I just picked up their call on my cell and asked them how they got this number and she said from your car loan with us...

So since they can intermingle my accounts should I pay my next car payment to them via my checking account or use a cashiers check ? Trying to protect my bank account from being frozen
    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

You can send them a Cease & Desist letter to no longer call you at the cell phone number. That should help. Plus, creditors are not allowed to call a cell phone number if they've been informed not to.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Yes I got a call on my business cell and told them quite harshly that this was a business cell and not to call it again. They confirmed my home number and never called it again.

Also interesting, somehow I managed to convince Chase that my magic jack phone line was my home phone number, and that phone number now appears on my Experian credit report! (no doubt reported by Chase, as there is also another totally bogus phone number they somehow attached to my account that also made it to Experian.)

I think it was a combination of entering it into their website plus calling collections several times from the magic jack that got it to stick with them.

Of course I tried other tricks like putting Citi's collection numbers into my Chase account and vice versa, but I think actually calling them from a number you've given them carries great weight.

I would not have a deposit account with any bank who I owe money to and don't intend to pay on time.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
        Yes I got a call on my business cell and told them quite harshly that this was a business cell and not to call it again. They confirmed my home number and never called it again.

Also interesting, somehow I managed to convince Chase that my magic jack phone line was my home phone number, and that phone number now appears on my Experian credit report! (no doubt reported by Chase, as there is also another totally bogus phone number they somehow attached to my account that also made it to Experian.)

I think it was a combination of entering it into their website plus calling collections several times from the magic jack that got it to stick with them.

Of course I tried other tricks like putting Citi's collection numbers into my Chase account and vice versa, but I think actually calling them from a number you've given them carries great weight.

I would not have a deposit account with any bank who I owe money to and don't intend to pay on time.
        My checking account is not with Chase but with a credit union but now I have a car loan with them because they were the only ones to grant me a car loan under 10% and I grabbed it...thanks for all the help
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X