original Creditor V.S. Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original Creditor V.S. Collector

One of my original creditors which is a bank, keep sending monthly statements for my unpaid balances , in the statement there is a note saying ,"if you call our office in relation to this balance we may refer you to a vendor who purchased this account.Does that mean from now on, I only have to deal with the collector ?

NO...they "may refer you" to Outside collections...you will know it if they did, as the outside collections will send you a letter telling you that the OC assigned the account to them blah, blah, blah...to which you can then DV them within 30days and usually buy many months.

Comment

Originally posted by ando View Post
      One of my original creditors which is a bank, keep sending monthly statements for my unpaid balances , in the statement there is a note saying ,"if you call our office in relation to this balance we may refer you to a vendor who purchased this account.Does that mean from now on, I only have to deal with the collector ?
      the OC has "assigned" the debt to an outside collection agency. Assigned, not sold the debt! Likely the communication you are getting is from the assigned collection agency already. Cap1 is well knwon for this tactic.
      Thanks,
      GaCreditGuy

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
      BK7 Filed : 01/29/2006
      341 Completed : 03/06/2006
      Deadline For Objections: 05/05/2006
      Discharged : 06/30/2006
      Case Closed : 06/30/2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X