Collectors!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
    My thinking is that it is a tactic. They called my parents house even though I have not lived there for 20 years. My parents knew nothing of my debt problems, and some parents help their kids out when this happens, which is what they are betting on.
    however, if the debt collector gave details to your parents about your debt, they violated the FDCPA as that is a serious no-no
    Thanks,
    GaCreditGuy

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
    BK7 Filed : 01/29/2006
    341 Completed : 03/06/2006
    Deadline For Objections: 05/05/2006
    Discharged : 06/30/2006
    Case Closed : 06/30/2006

Comment

Well they know that, thats why the use the phrase "business matter" in their verbage. And if they call on a daily basis, its pretty obvious its for an unpaid bill.

Comment

when they called my brother looking for me they told him they were a collection agency.

Comment

To my understanding, they are allowed to identify themselves to a third party (family, friends, etc.) just not to discuss particulars. They can say they're XXX collections, but not that you owe, how much, to whom, etc.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

All to get the $$ from you or your family, they are scum.

Comment

I hate it when I misspell words too, I meant verbiage, verbiage, you forever are learning English no matter how old.

Comment

Originally posted by gacreditguy View Post
                not necessarily. you tell them to stop communicating by any means, then that is full.. if you tell them to only contact via snail mail, then that is limited and if they choose to not contact you at all, that is their problem and not yours. you have the paper trail should that ever arise legally.
                Paper trail for what fictitious law? There is no such thing to enforce, you should just send a simple C&D citing Federal and State laws, and let them pass it on to the next creditor, they specialize in harassment, up to and including calling and contacting everyone you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X