top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will taking a collection call stop the phone calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cease and desist letter may also come in handy for your relatives to stop contact.

For example, you may wish to send a C&D in your relatives name (with their phone number) to a collection agency saying "Cease and desist all contact."

I don't believe there is any legal requirement that a C&D be associated with any account.

If you're getting harassing calls because you happened to be assigned a phone number of an ex-deadbeat a C&D would be appropriate.

In fact I see a business opportunity here. Give me a phone number,and I'll blast out a letter to every known CA telling them to cease and desist. And keep records to prove it (not certified mail, just "I certify that I mailed a C&D to xxxx on yyyy regarding telephone number zzzz".)
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I received calls for a few months for another party. I sent NCO Financial cease and desist letters. Since the calls were not for me, it turns out that the FDCPA doesn't apply. The auto-dialer called me every day. I would have changed phone numbers but I've had this number for over a decade.

The party they were seeking must have paid them because the calls stopped cold one day. Treehugger, your debt collectors must have been the nice ones. I got tons of phone calls from people that I sent C&D letters.

Comment

Thank you Everyone for your contributions, input, and advice. I have been so stressed-out and very depressed over my situation for the past 2 days, so this is the first time I have looked at the replies that I have received to my original posting.

Yet I apologize for my taking so long to thank all of you that came along to try to help me. I greatly appreciate it so very much.

Quagmire

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X