top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's experience with LIEN on property (ASSOc fees)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's everyone's experience with LIEN on property (ASSOc fees)

My condo is OFFICIALLY forclosed!! My name is off the deed and all! My question is my association company sent my acct to collections for the past due amount in fees. The collection agency filed a LIEN since I have not paid. Now, I am getting all sorts of comments on this issue, "Don't pay it, it goes with the house." "Pay it or else they take you to court" I do not have the money to pay it, but just trying to find out the truth to this. Am I responsible for it even though my place is foreclosed or does it go with the house? I'm in Nevada. Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

Need some additional information, did you file BK? Is this pre or post petition debt?

Comment

Yes, I filed chp 7 August 2009. The case is closed. I got behind on mtg payments and assoc fees BEFORE I filed BK. Then BK closed about 3 months ago. All creditor were listed on BK including association company. Now my foreclosure is officially done! Is that enough info?

Comment

HOA fees are not discharged in a BK. You are still on the hook for the remaining balance up until the title changes.

You may want to find out if your HOA placed a lien on the condo and if your mortgage company will be on the hook for up to 6 months of unpaid fees.

Originally posted by desertgrl74 View Post
        Yes, I filed chp 7 August 2009. The case is closed. I got behind on mtg payments and assoc fees BEFORE I filed BK. Then BK closed about 3 months ago. All creditor were listed on BK including association company. Now my foreclosure is officially done! Is that enough info?

Comment

My name IS off the deed and there was a lien placed. The thing is the lady at the collections company said "I can't give you legal advice, but the outstanding hoa fees/LIEN go with the foreclosure." But the thing is everyone tells me something different. I want to know what's true. My attorney handled the BK, nothing to do with the foreclosure, so I can't ask him. My BK case IS closed, the foreclosure is FINAL, MY NAME IS OFF THE DEED (AND has been recorded on county records). So, if anyone HAS some FACTUAL INFORMATION it would be greatly appreciated. BTW, this is in Nevada.

Comment

Here is a good blog on the subject by a Minnesota lawyer:

HOA dues article
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

The link did not work.

Originally posted by catleg View Post
              Here is a good blog on the subject by a Minnesota lawyer:

HOA dues article

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X