top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Ready for Court Date. Should I know anything else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready for Court Date. Should I know anything else?

I have a Jan31, 2011 court date with Citicards. I have taken my name off everything, but one checking account which I will close in Nov. I am working on getting a quit deed for the house, so my name will not be on anything. Is there anything I missed? I would love to file bankrupcy , but don/t know where to start? I signed up with a few find a BK lawyer web sites, but ended up getting calls from other states.. Iam in NC, If anyone knos of a good lawyer,or just an inexpensive one let me know. Iam not sure if its against forum rules to tell you city. Thanks guys!!

If it is your first hearing, you may want to deny the amounts as you don;t know if they are accurate. Its actually wise to sit in the court room before your own hearing and see what the judge's normal protocol is. For instance, if he sets actual trial dates then and what triggers him to do that. You really need to learn what the local court procedure is, step by step.

Comment

If you transfer property out of your name and close bank accounts that will be a red flag if you file bk. First step is to talk to a lawyer. What city in NC are you? I'm in the western district(Charlotte) and know a good atty.
      Filed Ch 7 8/12/10
      341 Meeting 9/15/10
      Discharged 11/15/10

Comment

Thank You!!

I would so appreciate knowing a good lawyer. I have never been to one. Still trying to figure out how to pay for one. I literally have not a penny left after paying for groceries. I dont know what they can take. All I have is a house in joint. I make $720 a month and have 3 kids. Please tell me as much as you can. Thank you!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X