Zwickers III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwickers III

Okay got a settlement offer on the phone from Zwickers this AM. Didn't take it (won't go into details) told them I was going to send in a counter offer.

This is where it gets fun:

1) They asked if I would voluntarily fill out a discovery worksheet (Uh, no. Momma didn't raise no fools).

2) Then they asked if I would give them a "security deposit" of a 1/4 of the settlement (Uh no)

3) They are refusing to communicate the offers in writing, claiming that the US postal system is not a secure form of communication. When I asked if their phones were encrypted and if so to what DoD standard the woman spit and sputtered and said "Well they're recorded lines, that makes them secure" (uh no)

So I'm geting my counter offer together, going to hold off mailing till 72 hours before the deadline. They'll probably say "no" but the legal-beagle wants me to look like I'm trying to work with them (ahhh, no more smart mouthing them? GIP!).

Are they the collector or the original creditor?

Comment

Is your intent to settle or stalling?

On a side note, I do not like the changes to the bkforum website, its like AD city up in here.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
        Are they the collector or the original creditor?
        They're acting as the collector. All though a couple of times they have claimed to have bought the debt.

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
        Is your intent to settle or stalling?

On a side note, I do not like the changes to the bkforum website, its like AD city up in here.
        If they'll settle, I'll settle. But what they offered as settlement today...by the time I ate the fees they wanted me to pay on top of the settlement with no guarantee that it'd stop further action, I'd be paying 99% of the debt back.

Comment

How can these guys be for real?

Got home, there's a voice mail telling me their offer and saying "not to discuss this matter with anyone, including your spouse".

Do they really think I'd hide something like this from my wife? :lol:

Comment

So, the next time you hear from them, here is what you might do.

1) Ask to speak to one of the attorneys since they have identified themselves as a legal firm.

2) Repeat #1

3) Repeat #'s 1 and 2

I always ask this question when I have a caller from a law firm. If they want to speak to me, then they need to get big daddy on the phone. Otherwise, piss off.

I hear of a lot of suits filed by Zwicker. I just don't know what happens if you give them grief. When I first defaulted on CC accounts a few years ago, I would get the pre-legal departments, I would get actually law firm calls, etc. When they wanted to play the "legal" card, or I knew they were a legal firm, I always asked to speak directly to an attorney. In a dozen calls, I only had one attorney come to the phone. The first question I asked was his state BAR number. I guess we had a bad connection, because the party hung up. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post

i always ask this question when i have a caller from a law firm. If they want to speak to me, then they need to get big daddy on the phone. Otherwise, piss off.
              lmao
              Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
              Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
                How can these guys be for real?

Got home, there's a voice mail telling me their offer and saying "not to discuss this matter with anyone, including your spouse".

Do they really think I'd hide something like this from my wife? :lol:
                If/when you call back, you could start out with - Oh, my wife got the message you left for me the other day.........

lol
                Filed: 6/30/2010
                341: 7/26/2010
                Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

I told my wife what she should do (it was a female agent that left the name) call the woman back and raise hell as if she thought the woman had a thing going on with me :lol:

What they got is another nice STFU letter when I mailed in my settlement offer. They'vebeen banging on for 3 days to tell them my offer over the phone and I've flat out refused. I sent a copy to them and to GE moneyback with a note attached saying Zwickers has stated that they will not forward any settlement offers to GE moneyback (which they have said) and that if GE moneyback is serious about settling the debt to please mail me directly.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                    ....I always asked to speak directly to an attorney. In a dozen calls, I only had one attorney come to the phone. The first question I asked was his state BAR number. I guess we had a bad connection, because the party hung up. LOL
                    Thats a great tip to remember! I'm writing that one down :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X