top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officially served papers on Sunday...Citi was the first to get us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickifan View Post
    Hi JEM,

Sorry to hear this...I have Citi too. One their own card, and another that they handle for ExxonMobil. I think I'm coming up on 9-10 months for non-payment on both.
    The Citi EM account has been turned over to a DCA, called CBE...the other Citi account is with United Recovery Systems.

When you get sued, do you get sued by these DCA's or the original creditor?

Do you mind saying how small is "small" on your debt?? My gas card was around $2500 when I stopped paying but of course with all the effin' fees it's $3000 now, though they offered a settlement last month. The other card is around $1300.
    I'm in Texas too...so I kinda hoped the whole they-can't-garnish-wages (if I HAD wages...)
    might keep them thinking I'm not worth it. (Not a homeowner either.)
    The debt started as $5000ish. The suit was for $6500. The card was a Citi Mastercard. I'm trying to recall, but I don't believe any of the Citi cards went to an actual collection agency. Other than their internal collections. It went to a TX attorney, Michael J. Scott, and he's the one that is suing on behalf of Citi.

MY Citi cards that were in just my name, had a higher balance than dh's. So the fact that HIS Citi got us first, is well, interesting I guess. LOL
    Last edited by JEM; 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

BB&T was the first to get me....around the 10 months period......~$6000
      North Carolina

Comment

Unless the collection agency owns the debt, the plaintiff will be the original creditor. Although, at times the legal firm will act as the collector. Unless you misread any summons, the plaintiff should be clearly identified.

Comment

Hey fellow BK friends. 341 on October 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
            Unless the collection agency owns the debt, the plaintiff will be the original creditor. Although, at times the legal firm will act as the collector. Unless you misread any summons, the plaintiff should be clearly identified.

It was Citi as the plaintiff, but it does have Michael J. Scott as "attorney for Citi" on the last page.

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
              It was Citi as the plaintiff, but it does have Michael J. Scott as "attorney for Citi" on the last page.
              Michael J. Scott is also a collection agency. They are listed under the SoS site as such and are bonded as such.

When I got served, the server gave me a number to call and let the person on the other end know I was served. He said it was not the attorneys office. It was. I got an "if you were sued press 2." I did, thinking they would ask for the cause number.

I got a collection agent who wanted my SSN and wanted to know how I would be paying the debt. I declined on both counts. Incidentally they did not have the court cause number (and may have given me another couple of violations...because they had a larger amount than the suit stated, and they had the server lie. Misrepresentation of amount or status.)
              First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X