No announcement yet.

Finally stopped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They called 4 times yesterday. Today they've called twice. I answered for the first time and got a guy who said he was from "Card Services" and wanted me to confirm my address with him. At the time I couldn't understand him (my cell phone isn't the best in the world), though oddly enough when I listened to the call on google voice it was pretty clear? Anyway, I ended up hanging up because I couldn't hear him and they haven't called me back. I wonder why not... At the same time, I don't really want to confirm any information with them, even though my address is pretty innocent. The way I feel is if they are calling me and I tell them I'm me that should be good enough, and they should say they are calling from BofA, not card services since its inhouse at this point and I don't have any other cards that are delinquent.

Comment

marieT, you probably should have started a new thread with your query. I'll share what I know. Chase, like Citi, generally has all their ducks-in-a-row. WAMU also kept pretty good records. Just because WAMU caved, it does not imply they did not keep and pass on good unsecured contracts to JP Morgan/Chase. Always operate under the worst-case scenario and you won't have any surprises. Assume they have everything. Assume a default judgment. How much can you stand?

Comment

Generally, a proper validation will include statements. Chase tends to keep good records. Citi tends to keep good records, as does Discover. Amex is an elephant....I have heard of them digging up statements from a decade past (and more)! Now this alone may not hold up in court unless they pursue account stated...."did you have an account" and "did you pay on the account" means it is yours.

Tree is right...assume the worst. Assume they have everything. Chase, I am afraid, probably does. WAMU may have known they were passing the torch and just thrown it to Chase. Strap in, its gonna be a bumpy ride.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

So after yesterdays call, they haven't called back (I figured I'd get at least two more calls yesterday). It's almost noon and still nothing -- they had been calling basically right at 9am. Is this part of their "psychological warfare," or did hanging up on them cause them to switch departments or something?

Comment

Hanging up did nothing, sadly. At least from my experience. When I stopped paying on my cards, the calls began within two weeks. I am thankful that the phone ringing (cell phone) doesn't annoy me nearly as much as I know it does others. Just clicked the silent button or reject button and continued on. Now, once my attorney was fully paid for, I tried to randomly answer the calls (to give them my lawyers information), and EVERY time I answered either no one was there, it was a recording, or on the two times someone did answer I quite literally could not understand them. I mean that in every way - I could not understand them. The calls continued, typically from early morning into the night, but, like you, there were those odd days when I got nothing at all. Zero phone calls. Of course, a day or two later, and it was back to normal.

Oddly, I was up early a couple of weeks ago (I work in the evening, so I sleep in), and right when the calls came in, I figured I would answer. When I did, someone was actually there. No delay, no recording, just a live person who spoke well. Discover was the first, and the second I told them I have an attorney and am going through bankruptcy, she asked for his info, and the calls have STOPPED. Next was Chase, and, again, a live person immediately. Gave them the info for my attorney, and just like Discover, the calls have completely ceased in every way. Neither of them was rude or pushy or asked a single question beyond the name and number for the lawer and they terminated the call after the information was given. However, Citi has continued to call, and they have yet to feel like putting a live person on the phone, so I get a handful of calls from them throughout the day.

Even more shocking is the BoA calls have ceased. I have yet to speak to them or give them any info, and they were on a rampage with the calls, but I haven't heard a word from them in well over a week now. It's strange, actually.

I'm sure your calls will pick up again, but I surely hope not!
            Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

lol, I owe them 14+ grand, I know hanging up on them didn't do anything, haha

I'm just shocked I haven't heard from them in over a day. Its unnerving! Psychological warfare for sure, lol. I just wasn't sure if BofA might have had some department that plays nice before they sink their teeth in that I might have pissed off in the process.

I actually *want* to talk to them (well not really, but I realize its in my best interest at this point), to try to work out some sort of repayment schedule to delay being sued as long as possible. I just don't want to reach out first - last time I did, it didn't go well.

Comment

Originally posted by pikaroth View Post
                Even more shocking is the BoA calls have ceased. I have yet to speak to them or give them any info, and they were on a rampage with the calls, but I haven't heard a word from them in well over a week now. It's strange, actually.
                Probably some Satanic holiday or another.

-Rich
                Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
                Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
                  Probably some Satanic holiday or another.

-Rich
                  lol. Almost TOO quiet!
                  Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

They still haven't called. I can get used to this, lol.

Comment

Well, they did speak to you briefly, so they will likely start again in a week. At least this is my BoA experience. Then they went radio silent, and they went with a big CA. They are now on their third CA for one account, and a sue happy law firm for the other. I elected the arbitration clause with both and they both went radio silent.

Their chargeoffs are pushing the one year mark and I decided I had better uses for my cash in 2009.
                      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                        Well, they did speak to you briefly, so they will likely start again in a week. At least this is my BoA experience. Then they went radio silent, and they went with a big CA. They are now on their third CA for one account, and a sue happy law firm for the other. I elected the arbitration clause with both and they both went radio silent.

Their chargeoffs are pushing the one year mark and I decided I had better uses for my cash in 2009.
                        So, they didn't continually harass you on the phone until the chargeoff?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X