Amex suit has come a-knockin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amex suit has come a-knockin'

Came home today to find a card on my screen door from the Sheriff's Civil Process Server. Saw online that I've been sued by Amex. I knew that was coming -- it's been almost a year since I paid them.

Adding it to the pile. There are so many suits by creditors in just our local paper these days....my name is just a drop in the bucket.

At least Discover gave me a warning; can't say that Amex paid that courtesy.
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Yes we know this country is in worse shape than advertised. But, do you have a question regarding this, or just informative to us?

There is not a block around our town that does not have one empty house and at least two for sale signs. So just the tip of the ice berg. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Sorry, meant to add more. Scatter-brained!

Just wondering how common it is for Amex to sue. It took almost a yr since my last payment, and I paid Discover a bit more recently than Amex, plus I owe Discover less and they sued me first. Is there just no predictability to what they will do?
      Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
      "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

Very common. Amex and Discover sue quickly. Lately around here I have seen an upswing of Citi and BoA suits. Citi is filing 400-500 a month in just county court here. BoA is not far behind.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I would have to say there is no rhyme or reason to who sues or when.

I have 7 creditors I defaulted with. All have been unpaid for over 15 months....Chase sued in 7 months, Citi in 8 months, and the others? Nothing. Not a peep. The most is owed to Discover, Amex and BofA card and they have done nothing. So it proves what? That the exception is the rule. In my jurisdiction the most suits in 2010 were filed by,....Chase. And in someone else's area, I'll bet it's different.

YMMV.

Comment

These decisions are made by the same "expert" computer models that decide to give a widow with a $900 social security check living in Manhattan NYC a $27,000 credit line. (True story, my mother in law).
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason at all. Matter of fact, I wonder if ALL the cc companies are in cohoots together, and every day they get together and draw the "lucky bank" name out of a hat to see who gets to sue 1000 people today! And whoever wins, that "lucky bank" draws 1000 people's names out of a hat. They made up this game years ago when they decided it was a good idea to give people a $27,000 credit line who lived on a $900/month fixed income. Boneheads.
              Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X