Citibank lawsuit, Zakheim & Assoc/Attorney & Debt Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCsSuck View Post
    Something I've wondered about the payment plans prior to or as a result of the trial -- I'd assume they are heavily in the plaintiff's favor, not the debtors for obvious reasons. But, do they make you sign something reaffirming the debt and therefore at least making it more challenging to discharge in any potential bk down the road?

I would THINK (tick...tick...lol) that with any payment plan like that ( for CC debt) it SHOULD be possible to discharge the debt in a later BK....regardless of whether it was incorporated before or after trial & judgement...that's what BK is all about. but.......I am no expert, and just assuming...

Comment

Regardless of what payment arrangement one makes after the judgment but prior to actual filing, the debt goes away in the BK. Period. Been there and done that.

There is no "re-affirming" of unsecured debt during the BK process. You can re-affirm the secured items.

Good luck.

No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X