How does this sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this sound?

If asked by the judge or Citi banks lawyers,This is what I think I should say "I paid until I couldn't pay. I never had a late payment or went over my available limit. My husband stopped ,my mom moved away.

The only other info I would add would be- I tried to find a job. When I di it was only part time, as I have a special needs son and homeschool. I have to use every single penny to take care of the children. There is nothing left. I can not pay.

Please comment away-as usual everyone can help me decide if thats TMI or not a good idea. THANKS!!

What I have found is creditors just do not care. Some of them are really mean spirited. As for judges, sometimes they listen but generally they do not care.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Admitting that you can't pay is admitting that you owe them which will equal a judgment. In this case a judgment is likely inevitable, since the evidence of "I can't pay" is immortalized on the opposing lawyers' voicemail.

What you say or not won't really make a difference. The opposition does not care and neither will most judges.

I am thinking that the best you may be able to do is make a deal you can live with....many will want to deal before going in front of the judge. If you show up and keep your emotions in check you may manage that before the trial. At the very least you can avoid a judgment on your public record.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

In making a deal with creditors, they want cash right? No payments?

Comment

Depends. I have heard they want lump sums, I have heard that they will make payment plans. I have not done any settlements yet as they have all been too much.

I would only do this with an OC though. And I would never do it, never give a thin dime until it is in writing.
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I cant do that. I have absoblutly no saving/retirement or inheritance. I make $710 a month , I am barely able to put food on the table. At this point I am not thinking about my credit score, or public record, its a matter of survival. I mean I could afford $5 a month, but thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by merime View Post
              I cant do that. I have absoblutly no saving/retirement or inheritance. I make $710 a month , I am barely able to put food on the table. At this point I am not thinking about my credit score, or public record, its a matter of survival. I mean I could afford $5 a month, but thats about it.
              My best advice to you:

Get sick on Monday and STAY HOME. What are you trying to prove?

You are getting a judgment - there is nothing you can do about. It is no big deal. Absolutely nobody cares about your personal circumstances in the legal system. Judges see unsophisticated debtors like you every day in court. They can't do a thing about your circumstances.
              “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

If I stay home , I figure the sheirff will be out here serving the papers about exemptions> I don't want to live looking over my shoulder. I may have a lot going on and am a mess ,but to many on the outside they would never know. I am pretty,fit, and have some brain matter. I just like to prepare or maybe even over prepare for the next step. Thanks Everyone again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X