My conversation with a judgment recovery person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My conversation with a judgment recovery person

Question 1. How many years have you been collecting funds from Judgments. Answer; 10 years.

Question 2. What are the things that you go after the most. Answer: Bank accounts and wage garnishments.

Question 3. What about the seizing of someone's automobile. Answer: Over the past 10 years I have done a few of these but I tend to stay away from them because, automobile levies require a large deposit to initiate and most of the time the car may only sell for a fraction of what it's worth at auction. If the car is a collectible then it may be a target to take. While every situation is different, most people who have judgments don't have paid for automobiles that are worth taking. Here is an example: Let's say a man owe's a judgment for $5000. Accordingly to Kelly blue book his car is worth $15000 dollars. Accordingly to his current credit report he still owe's $7500 on it. To me is not's worth taking because of all the cost's plus his state exemption. A person must remember that these seize cars are sold at a auction at below blue book.

Question 4. What about the seizing of household goods. Answer: This is very rare. Maybe if the debtor has a valuable painting or something like that. It would have to be something very worth while to seize.

Question 5: What else do you look for? Answer: Motor homes, vacation homes, boats, travel trailers, motorcycles, hidden assets, any large value item.

Question 6: How do you find assets. Answer: Credit reports,divorce decree's, any application fill out in the last two years for credit and debtors exams. The internet has a large amount of information available. People like to put where they work on facebook, also it's on the credit report.

Question 7: What about when you look at a judgment and it appears it may be time consuming and there are no apparent assets to be had. Answer: There are so many judgments that you just move on to the one's that you know you may have a favorable chance to collect on. If a person is drawing social security, living in an apartment your chances of collecting are pretty much zip. Move on to the next. Sometime in the future you may go back to that one and see if there is a change.

Cool post. Thanks for sharing!
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Thanks, I love this post.

Comment

Very useful Dylan...sounds like the collector is realistic about what he can really expect to get. It would have been interesting to ask him what states the debtor would be located in, that he would avoid, as well?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X