top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can they levy (or lien) a business bank account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they levy (or lien) a business bank account?

My wife has a small business (s-corp) employed a few employees including herself. She's the owner, ceo....It's service business and the entire shop cost about 30 to $40k (if someone wanna buy the whole thing today).
    Checked the court and one of the jdb (hired local atty) already filed complain and I know, she'll be served anyday now. If she won't answer, will get a default judgment.
    Yes, I know they can garnish her wage, levy our joint bank accounts. And my question is can they also take her business bank account (s-corp)??? We are keeping our finger crossed so that nothing happen 'til august. We'll file 13 in august. I thought about answer it to buy some more time but I'm sure she has 2 more coming from the same jdb anytime, and it cost $223 to answer a summon here
    I swear to god, this is the hardest time of my life so far. Always in my mind last few months especially when I wake up in the mornings, feel so down and horrible

So please let me know if they can take that business bank account? And what can I do to survive 'til august?

THANK YOU ALL

After look at some cases filed by this local atty for the same OC:

Complaint-affidavit of service (some non service) about 1 month.
    Affidavit of service-Notice of intent to take default about 1 month
    Notice of default- Default about 1 month

Some cases, they stopped at affidavit of service, some cases they got judgment and docketed (all cases filed same date)
    Last edited by holycowe; 04-10-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

You probably need to do more research specifically for your local jurisdiction. I think the business acct money may be safe, at least long enough to get you to August. It sounds like it will take months to get the judgment, and then some time for them to try and collect it, putting you past August, imo.

Comment

Thank you! I really hope so

Comment

A corporation is a separate "person" under the law, they cannot take that without a judgement against the company anymore than they could take your friends money to settle your debt.
          Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Wow, thank you for this info!!! Feel much better now

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X