Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving CC companies new address?

Hi all,

We are looking at a Dec2011 Chapter 7. We are going to stop all payments to all creditors in June. We also are moving into a new rental home June 1st. I don't mind mail (heck they can mail me everyday for all I care. My son likes to use the shredder!), but the thought of 6 months of phone calls already is giving me a headache.

Should I give my credit card companies(we have about 7..the usual suspects) and our current mortgage company who we are behind payments with our new address? Does it even matter? If they cant find us (or even if they do through some detective work), by the time they do and try to collect and then sue and actually process a judgement, there's no way they can do that in 6 months by the time we file Ch7?

I am with Verizon Wireless. I was thinking come June just change my number and not giving it to the creditors. Thoughts?

I don't see anything wrong with your plan.

Make sure that you don't have a landline or any utilities in your name in the new rental residence.

You do understand that *they* will be calling everyone and their seventh cousin twice removed in order to find you, right? If you're OK with that aspect of the whole scenario, feel free to proceed.

My $0.02 only...

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
      I don't see anything wrong with your plan.

Make sure that you don't have a landline or any utilities in your name in the new rental residence.

You do understand that *they* will be calling everyone and their seventh cousin twice removed in order to find you, right? If you're OK with that aspect of the whole scenario, feel free to proceed.

My $0.02 only...

Good luck.
      About to say the same. How could I disagree with 'Shark66'. After all my lawyer was a shark. I live on the St. Johns River and in a high tide have seen sharks. Too bad my bk lawyer was not on our dock. BTW 'Shark66' avatar says it all about him. "It could get worse, Master, it could rain". 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

This is just MHO but would that open you up to phone calls to family/relatives - once it hits a CA they use skip tracing, and in this age of social networking with websites like mylife that clearly link you family members they can gather info. Granted they can't contact you via social sites, but they just got your parents names and it a quick skip trace and the next thing you know your phone calls go to them.

My ex-mother-in-law and ex-sister-in-law received calls from my creditors all the time, it was even thrown in my face during the divorce, why becuase they are linked to me via mylife and we have the same last name in the same town.

Plus calls can be directed to you at work - that could a whole other can of worms, a very agressive CA got lippy with our switchboard, she then sent it to HR who then wanted a meeting regarding the VM the CA left with my HR department. Ackward.

This again is just MHO I would do a "I am sorry but I can't accept calls on this phone, please put all commuications in writing bah, bah, bah" - put it in writing (CRRM) so you can throw that back to them when they start calling your family.

The only good thing about "mail" is when you are ready to file you should/could have the most update information on who "owns" the account and the most current balances for your credit matrix.

Good luck with everything.
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.
          Their coming to take you away ahah, their coming to take you away...........
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by DesdemonaB View Post
            This is just MHO but would that open you up to phone calls to family/relatives - once it hits a CA they use skip tracing, and in this age of social networking with websites like mylife that clearly link you family members they can gather info. Granted they can't contact you via social sites, but they just got your parents names and it a quick skip trace and the next thing you know your phone calls go to them.

My ex-mother-in-law and ex-sister-in-law received calls from my creditors all the time, it was even thrown in my face during the divorce, why becuase they are linked to me via mylife and we have the same last name in the same town.

Plus calls can be directed to you at work - that could a whole other can of worms, a very agressive CA got lippy with our switchboard, she then sent it to HR who then wanted a meeting regarding the VM the CA left with my HR department. Ackward.

This again is just MHO I would do a "I am sorry but I can't accept calls on this phone, please put all commuications in writing bah, bah, bah" - put it in writing (CRRM) so you can throw that back to them when they start calling your family.

The only good thing about "mail" is when you are ready to file you should/could have the most update information on who "owns" the account and the most current balances for your credit matrix.

Good luck with everything.
            Well, sorry 'Shark' I have to agree with this wise person. I have skip traced and it is easy. All I need is your location (state) and one other item I won't mention here and I can tell who you are. It is very simple these days. As a professional in Computer Sciences and software, you need not leave a keyboard. Dare me and PM me and I will PM you back with your name. Really, she's got the right idea. 'Hub

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Their coming to take you away ahah, their coming to take you away...........
              Many have tried but no one has accomplished that...yet...I actually do have a couple of papers that I could pull if someone ever got me to the point of unlimbering my Kimber...

And this is how you pay me back for all my kind unselfish loving deeds, ha?

Insanity is just like gravity...all it takes is a little push...

Mylife can be dangerous. I'll give you that. But I'm beyond the point of caring, and have been for years.

'Hub, I'm in the same industry...worked for the most famous name in business in three different countries...then got pushed out of the firm but never really left that world...

Good luck to us all.
              Last edited by shark66; 04-24-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
                Many have tried but no one has accomplished that...yet...I actually do have a couple of papers that I could pull if someone ever got me to the point of unlimbering my Kimber...

And this is how you pay me back for all my kind unselfish loving deeds, ha?

Insanity is just like gravity...all it takes is a little push...

Mylife can be dangerous. I'll give you that. But I'm beyond the point of caring, and have been for years.

'Hub, I'm in the same industry...worked for the most famous name in it in three different countries...then got pushed out of the firm but never really left that world...

Good luck to us all.
                Thanks for response. I/we are stealing from our OP but just a little one post more to you. Do you mean the big "I"? Remember the founder came from the big "N". Both of us the boot after 35 years and many unpaid over time out of love for the company and respect of my superior. Oh well, we both be fools then. P.S. I now have papers that state I'm sane at this time. LOL. 'Hub

Comment

You all ARE Crazy!!

Comment

Wouldnt matter if you gave it to them or not really as you must put in a change of address with the postal service, to which all mail gets forwarded for X amount of months. If returned to sender, it shows the address you've moved to anyway :/

As others have pointed out, there really is no reason not to unless you want them calling everyone and their brother to locate you, including old neighbors. In the end you'll have to contact them anyway... question becomes what is your plan B, C and D if plan A fails to fruition before filing (i.e., judgments, garnishment, freezing accts, etc) ?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X