ok to close bank account after fill out information subpoena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok to close bank account after fill out information subpoena

There's hardly any money in any of the accounts anyway -2 were business accts and my business is basically closed and done. Other joint account -however has a direct debit coming out which eventually will be included i bk. I don't want to be frozen and have extra fees - not that many other banks in area. Already paying bills with mos. Would it be considered fraud or something to close them now?

My understanding is you have a perfect legal right to close and open accounts as you see fit. ...

Comment

Make sure you get all the copies of statements/checks you will need before you close the accounts - some folks on the forum have had a tough time getting copies later or have had to pay outrageous sums of money to get them.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Both good advice.
        I believe in selective disclosure on these forms as they are not used for serious collections anyway.
        They serve one purpose-- to satisfy the state requirement for a diligent search for personal property that may be levied prior to docketing the judgment against any real estate you own presently or future in the state.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X