rausch sturm israel enerson &hornik llc lc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rausch sturm israel enerson &hornik llc lc

ok this is the buyer of old debt i believe says there client is chase but according to credit report the debt was sold back last fall. And nowe it is roughly 15k more added to the figure they say I owe.I never wrote a letter previously to demand proof within the 30 day window.I dont know if it matters or not seeing eventually I will be filing BK but I think its a crock how some sleazy outfit can try and tack on 15k from original amount of 28k within 3 yrs.
    should I send them a letter even ?
    Last edited by landofpoor; 06-27-2011, 04:41 PM. Reason: more info

Also if send generic debt validation should i actually sign it or is my name typed enough on closing?

Comment

At 29.9% default apr compounded daily, it is not unreasonable for a 15K debt to grow to approximately 25K in three years. Add a few more "fees" and there it is.

Who is the current creditor listed on the dunning letter? I would send a DV to this firm and see what happens. I don't sign my name to requests anymore, but that's me. You could check Bud Hibb's website and try to get a feel for how agressive these folks are.

Comment

A lot of these JDB/law firm combos throw a 20% legal fee on top. Here in NJ, it is illegal for the law firm to do that if they are also owners of the debt, though they probably have ways around that.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Your original t.o.s. with the credit card company gave them the right to charge you default rates, 29.9% interest, late payment fees, and who knows what else. That 15K additional money is very possible under your terms.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

ok next question would be,is there anything to gain by sending them a dv when I will be filing bk sometime in future .Also I am not working so no garnishment can happen for now or assets.
            Far as the phone calls thats no biggie I been ignoring them for 3 yrs from differnt ones.

Comment

No the DV won't help. Does the letter you got look like a 30 day demand letter? In other words, this is the balance, it is due within 30 days, or we will proceed with legal action? Or is it more mealy mouthed like saying it is due and we are considering our legal options?
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Yes, many times these collection attorney firn letters will have a disclaimer that states something to the effect, "No attorney has actually reviewed this case..." When that happened to me, I sent the DV letter. I simply stated "I dispute this debt. I request verification. I request the complete name and address of the original creditor." I usually cited the FDCPA and my state version. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                  Yes, many times these collection attorney firn letters will have a disclaimer that states something to the effect, "No attorney has actually reviewed this case..." When that happened to me, I sent the DV letter. I simply stated "I dispute this debt. I request verification. I request the complete name and address of the original creditor." I usually cited the FDCPA and my state version. Nothing more, nothing less.
                  Ok that preety much what mine says of the part .(at this time ,no attorny with this firm has personally reviewed the particular circumstances of your account)

Comment

Catleg, landofpoor - out of sheer - I don't know what - I looked up their website - LOOK kids, you can propose a settlement online!

http://www.rsieh.com/Proposal.aspxhttp://www.rsieh.com/Proposal.aspx

Comment

This firm sued and got a judgment against my husband in 2008. We did settle with them, and honestly they were some of the better I have dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by salsa View Post
                        This firm sued and got a judgment against my husband in 2008. We did settle with them, and honestly they were some of the better I have dealt with.
                        Interesting and definitely GOOD to know!!! Thank you!

Comment

And I think the only reason they sued is somehow they had in their system that a C&D letter was sent.

Comment

interesting! Salsa, did they say that??

Comment

Originally posted by salsa View Post
                              And I think the only reason they sued is somehow they had in their system that a C&D letter was sent.
                              i never have sent any c&D letters out or dv letter before,I have no intentions of settling debt,Guess main reason I was asking about dv letter was it was a heck of a differnce in amount,but seeing when and if I ever file I guess there inflated amounts dont make a difference right. So I might as well save the 6 or 7 dollors of requesting the dv for signed confirmation

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X