Garnishment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garnishment question

Does anyone know if by chance they were to get a judgment against me, and there is already a wage garnishment (child support), would the creditor also be able to obtain a garnishment. Or is it only one garnishment at a time.

From what I was told it is one garnishment at a time. At least that is how it is in FL. Now creditor judgements can collect on bank levys so be careful.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
      Does anyone know if by chance they were to get a judgment against me, and there is already a wage garnishment (child support), would the creditor also be able to obtain a garnishment. Or is it only one garnishment at a time.
      Yes it's one garnishment at a time. Federal Garnishment limits are 25% of your disposable income if it’s greater than $290 - For child and spousal support payments, up to 50% can be garnished if you have another child or spouse to support. Otherwise, you could be garnished up to 60%. If you have to pay more than 12 weeks of back payments, you could be garnished an additional 5%.

In the state of New Jersey your creditor has up to 20 years to collect on that judgement, as Freddy said they can garnish your bank accounts and one day you will get caught up on child support and they can strike then.

Good luck
      Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X