Letter for Interrogatories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter for Interrogatories

I am being sued in special civil part court. The plaintiff sent me interrogatories to be answered and returned by July 13, 2011, I did that and have proof that they received it on July 13, 2011 certified mail receipt.

I receive a letter today from them dated July 13, 2011 that they did not receive my answeres and the time has expired and if they do not receive the certified answers to the interrogatories within 5 days, they will proceed with a motion to dismiss my answers.

I don't know why I received this letter, they clearly received them. Should I make a copy of the proof of service along with my own letter and send it to them to prove they received it, or should I just ignore it. Thanks

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
    Should I make a copy of the proof of service along with my own letter and send it to them to prove they received it.... Thanks
    Yes - but make sure you get a copy of WHO signed for it (you did do sig. required right?) You can log into USPS system and using your tracking number, print out a copy of who signed for it, time, day, etc. When you send it back to them, include copies of everything org. sent, a copy of both their letters (past & current new one) along with your letter(s) and then send it all Express Sig. Rqd. Reference all dates of all correspondence sent / received in your letter with appropriate annotations to enclosures for easy reference.

and remember to keep a full copy of everything sent

Comment

They probably have some computer program that automatically generates the letter on the 30th day. Some attorney probably signs it next without ever reviewing the file. Just thinking out loud. Send them the material as suggested by others; best to keep a solid paper trail.

Comment

An attorney didn't even physically sign it, it is clearly a computer generated signature, all the correspondence that I have received from them has the same exact computer generated signature.

Comment

My state law might be different, but I wouldn't worry about it, you have proof it was sent and received by them.

Comment

No reply is necessary that letter is a threat to file a motion not a motion itself.
            Wait for their next move.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X