Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Dear Creditors Letter

Dear Creditor,

In these challenging economic times, my accountant has spent an inexorable amount of time reviewing our finances. We discovered our cash flow is dangerously negative at this time and our profits are non-existent. As you are all valued business relationships, we have made some difficult decisions to insure our long-term financial stability.

First, to rectify our shortfalls in profits, we will be analyzing our marketing plan in intricate detail to discover new avenues of revenue to properly address our situation.

Second, we have instituted aggressive cost-cutting measures to properly decide on our appropriate productivity for the future.

Our third decision was to eliminate our debt payments to you, our valued business partners, to insure our survival. Rest assured, this is only a temporary situation of debt payment suspension. Our vested interests will renew once we have fully studied and embarked on a new marketing plan and productivity gains.

Our debt payment suspension is not intended to single out our valued business relationships just to acknowledge how seriously at peril we are at this time. It is only fair that we notify you, as you are stakeholders, of our intentions.

If, in the unlikely event, we fail to realize long-term financial stability, we will reluctantly pursue all our legal avenues to enhance our cash flow, address our profitability and lower our debt to asset ratio.

We do understand the stark realities of this situation we have had to implement on our stakeholders. It is not personal. Just like your long-term financial stability is forefront on your agenda, so must ours be as well. We will review our decision ninety (90) days for the date of this notice. Thank you.

We regret this terrible inconvenience.

John and Sue Debtor
    Last edited by rahfl; 07-16-2011, 03:14 PM.

What is the point of such a letter? I think most national or international creditors, cc's etc, won't even bother to read the letter, other than "read" you will not be paying your debts. They will treat you no different than any other customer who defaults on debt; off to collections, inhouse or out-of-house.

Comment

Yep, that should really go over well with some of them. Skip collections and file suit.

Comment

NO! I loved that letter fellas (gals if appropriate). What a cool way to say, "Eeeff off". I liked it a lot. Very professional and I want this guy to run for Pres. He has it on the ball. Says much that makes you feel important, privileged, as well as feel good, while you get screwed. 'Bammy would have a worthy adversary. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rahfl View Post
          Our third decision was to eliminate our debt payments to you, our valued business partners, to insure our survival. Rest assured, this is only a temporary situation of debt payment suspension. Our vested interests will renew once we have fully studied and embarked on a new marketing plan and productivity gains.

Our debt payment suspension is not intended to single out our valued business relationships just to acknowledge how seriously at peril we are at this time. It is only fair that we notify you, as you are stakeholders, of our intentions.
          Our valued business partner ... I LOVE IT!

The main feeling I got reading this is that it sounds like the standard corporate layoff letter ... how "we must cut costs to the customer" and "we must do this to enhance shareholder value" and "our employees are still our most important asset."

Comment

Agreed, Jack. 'Hub (you been reading my mail?)
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Sir, I will have to mark this down as a "refusal to pay". :-)
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I love this letter - why? Because if you were a business, then this is exactly what businesses do/say - this is corporate speak, and is used each and every day in business relationships.

Look, if businesses are people (per the supreme court) why can't we - people - operate as businesses? Why? Because they know that they can try and crush us.

Wonderful letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X