Lost in cout to citibank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost in cout to citibank

I have to pay citibank $2300 by april 15th. I currently am in a debt negotiation program(approx $24,000 in debt).....I am wondering if this program is right for me or if I should just file chapter 7 bankrupcy. I am living from paycheck to paycheck. I just got my income taxes back $4500........can I keep this money if I file bankrupcy, if not should I pay my student loan or something they can't touch. I need guidance. My credit is already bad.....bad debt to income ratio/haven't paid a credit card in 8 months???? Please help

Call a lawyer! =)
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Why did you even go to court against them, did you even have a defense? If your living paycheck to paycheck, I don't think debt negotiation will work for you since you have no money to offer your creditors, and now that Citibank has a judgment against you, they can garnish your wages. But if most of your debt is student loans, BK really can't help you. However, at this point, you may have not choice but to file a BK.

Comment

what do your debts comprise off? if a lot of it is unsecured debts (credit cards) then apply $1000 - $1500 of your refund to getting an attorney, to get you started on a Chp 7 BK. you have "plenty" of time to get this moving in your favor! but you're going to have to move with a purpose.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Jaydad

I orginally went with a debt negotation company. It worked for about a year. Finally came to realization that I would be better off filing Ch7. Was paying debt settlement about $600 @ month. Good luck--hope yours is better then mine. At least now I can get on with my life.

Comment

Just setteled with Citi bank

Did not have any judgements but they filed a complante in my ch 7. they claimed 3500+ was not dischargeable. I setteled for $2400.00 paid over 36 months @ $67 each month. I will stip to a judgment that gives them my balls if i defalt on the payment plan(judgement will include the legal fees and org. ammount of $3500). I can also pay it early and it is 0% interest. So much for the fresh start. Guess the new laws are already influanceing the system allready.

Comment

May I ask what you had charged on the card that they disputed?
              Edyta...
              Discharged April 2005

Comment

Originally posted by EdytaHome
                May I ask what you had charged on the card that they disputed?
                It doesnt look like you'll ever get a response from the person who created this thread, being that it was created back in Feb. and he/she only has one post to thier name.
                The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X