3rd car-in my name not mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd car-in my name not mine

I CO-SIGNED for my daughter's auto loan, but due to her credit status I was made primary on the loan. She has now paid it off, but my name is on the title along with hers. Will it appear to be fraud now if I remove my name before filing chap 7? I never paid a dime on the car, it is strickly hers, but I helped her out because I had good credit at the time.
    How can I keep her car from being counted as my asset?

I AM IN MICH.
    Filed Chap 7: Oct 2009 ; 341 mtg: Nov. 2009 ; Discharged: Jan 2010:
    Credit score Aug 2010: 648

How much is it worth? Do you have enough excemptions where you could just excempt your half of the vehicle?

Not sure how it would be treated otherwise...

Comment

Is the car titled in an "and" or an "or" condition? If it is in an "or" condition, you own the car 100%, or she owns it 100%. If it is in an "and" you both own it 50%. If "or" she can change the Title without your permission. I doubt that anyone would even check, and if they do, your explanation is honest and without guilt. 'Hub
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-29-2009, 05:20 AM.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It's "and" on the title, I will have her remove my name. It should not still me in my name anyway. Thanks

Comment

Went to see a lawyer and he confirmed that the auto is not a problem.
          whew!
          thx guys.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X