Getting prices for items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting prices for items

Do you use craigslist or Ebay for prices now? I have some guns and I dont know where to get prices for those?

You can take them to an FFL pawn shop and ask them what they would pay you for them.

Firearms are tricky to value, just because someone somewhere might pay you $X does not make it the value of the item for BK purposes. I did a rough estimation of the value of my firearms. If for some reason I had to get an actual appraisal I'd take them to a pawn shop to get a price.

Comment

I would not use eBay to price anything, especially guns. The poster above gave excellent advice regarding the guns.

For everything else, use 'flea market' or 'yard sale' prices. Example: not too long ago, I bought a nice used Farberware Buffet-style electric skillet. I bought it for $8.00 at a flea market after talking the lady down, which she did so reluctantly. She had it marked $10.00 and said she had paid $15.00 for it at a neighboring booth.

When I got it home, I looked it up on eBay. Several similar models were selling for $50.00 or more. I got mine for $8.00, and it works beautifully and does the job well.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        I would not use eBay to price anything, especially guns. The poster above gave excellent advice regarding the guns.

For everything else, use 'flea market' or 'yard sale' prices. Example: not too long ago, I bought a nice used Farberware Buffet-style electric skillet. I bought it for $8.00 at a flea market after talking the lady down, which she did so reluctantly. She had it marked $10.00 and said she had paid $15.00 for it at a neighboring booth.

When I got it home, I looked it up on eBay. Several similar models were selling for $50.00 or more. I got mine for $8.00, and it works beautifully and does the job well.
        I'll give you $9 for it!
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X