No announcement yet.

Pricing jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely recommend you to go to some jewelry shop for the quote as there only you will get the best deal and if you looking for Ebay you yourself don't know worth price. Better refer some jewelry shop
    Diamond Rings online|Engagement Rings Online | Diamond Solitaire Stud Earrings |Diamond Cufflinks Diamond Jewelry Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EbbTide View Post
      Jewelry is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

In today's market - it's scrap value.. through local "thieves" $10 a gram!
      Ha! 2.19 troy oz 14 kt.... $684.00.

Shipped it off to NYC.......got $1228.....

Problem with jewelry is most people don't really know what they bought. They see prices of gold near $1100.00 an ounce but don't realize the jewelry might be only 14K (14/24) or about 56% gold. How much does the jewelry really weigh? and if you take it to a jewelry, you might not realize they are dealing with a dealer with a buyer's scale (digital). Even when the scale is zeroed, the scale will read less then it really is. Who brings along calibration weights? and when somebody buys from them, they use seller scales!

So a 1/2 ounce 14K gold piece might be purchased from a dealer for the gold and give you $200.00 claiming the item weighs less then it does. But the dealer probably doesn't take into account the stones that come with the piece. In many cases, the item gets buffed up so it looks new and is resold for $1500.00.

If the dealer feels you are in a 'rut', they might say "What is the best price you will accept?" Eventually they might get you to agree to only receiving $100.00!
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Your jewelry, along with everything else you own, is pretty worthless these days.

Sad to say, but it's true. All of those things we worked so hard for is worthless....
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

So if I took all of my jewelry (that's not costume *Target* jewelry) into a pawn shop and asked what they'd give me, do they give me something with those values printed out? Do I need one as proof?

I don't have anything *high dollar*--a few necklaces from mall store jewelers that were in the $200-300 range when bought.

A sterling silver charm bracelet. Obviously sentimental to me, and only worth it's silver weight.

My wedding ring is 1/4 carat.

My husband has a watch the was around $250.

That's about it.

Comment

i wasn't questioned on any jewlery exemptions i used.

I would be careful though if you're using "pawn shop" valuation. As another poster said; the pawnshop isn't giving you what it's worth, they have to pay you less than what they would sell it to someone else for - so that they make money too.

This all depends on if your district checks exemptions a lot; or if you're over median and the trustee thinks that you have items that are exempted and shouldn't be.

The general person with a few pieces of jewlery should have no issues.
            Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
            341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
            Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
            Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

I am confused about pricing jewelry. I have no new jewelry of any value, but my wedding ring purchased 7 years ago. We paid $9000.00 for it. I have no idea how to price it. Also, how does the trustee know about these assets? Do they come to your house (hope I don't sound ignorant) and go through all your things. What about furniture and appliances, etc. How do I come to a price for a tabels, chairs, etc. Also, clothing-there are 3 of us in my family, are we only allowed the same exeptions as a single person. If so that doesn't right. How can a family of say, 3-5 people have the same clothes as a single person? I just have so many questions and can't sleep at night worring about these things :-(...

Comment

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
                I am confused about pricing jewelry. I have no new jewelry of any value, but my wedding ring purchased 7 years ago. We paid $9000.00 for it. I have no idea how to price it. Also, how does the trustee know about these assets? Do they come to your house (hope I don't sound ignorant) and go through all your things. What about furniture and appliances, etc. How do I come to a price for a tabels, chairs, etc. Also, clothing-there are 3 of us in my family, are we only allowed the same exeptions as a single person. If so that doesn't right. How can a family of say, 3-5 people have the same clothes as a single person? I just have so many questions and can't sleep at night worring about these things :-(...
                A safe number for most used jewelry is about 20-30% of what you paid for it. Used stuff just doesn't sell for anywhere near what new does.

Check craigslist for your furniture and appliances, what price do you think you could sell it for if you needed to sell it right away?

Exemptions are doubled if you are married fileing jointly. Used clothes aren't worth hardly anything, have you tried to sell used clothes? Even unworn with the tags on it people scoff at paying $1.
                Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Forgotten, You are so helpful!! You are easing my mind, maybe I could go to bed now :-). I just keep searching these boards and getting more concerned. It is good to know that the jewerly should be appraised so low and clothing, you are so right. When I have garage sales I am apalled at what I "give" my stuff away for. Thanks for the peace of mind. Going to bed now, goodnight! (you must be an insomniac like me...)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X