Using Exemptions from Previous State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Exemptions from Previous State

I moved to Alabama in August of 2009 from Washington State. I believe I can either use WA exemptions OR Federal. In Alabama, one can't use Federal (which is neither here nor there but just an observation).

How do I denote that I'm using Washington State exemptions on Schedule C or will the court be able to see that I'm using those exemptions because of my past addresses, etc.?
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
    341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
    Last day for objections: 4/26/10
    Discharged! - 5/3/10

Doesn't your schedule C have a column where you are supposed to "specify law providing each exemption"? Mine did. I started out using the Texas state exemptions and then amended it to the Federal exemptions after my 341 meeting, because the trustee didn't like one of my exemptions and it was easier for me to understand where it "fit" under the Federal exemptions. For the rest of my exemptions, it really didn't matter, they all fit neatly either way, under state or federal.

Comment

Thank you - I was using a piece of software that wasn't making that apparent - until I printed out the forms. Thanks for the response - this has been a really good learning process!
      Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
      341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
      Last day for objections: 4/26/10
      Discharged! - 5/3/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X