Appliances Question-Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appliances Question-Tv

I bougth 16 months ago a 47'' LCD TV from Pauls TV in california through Wells Fargo National Financial and them want a reafirmation debt through an agreement($25.43 monthly during 30 months, 0% apr = $762.96) but, I don't want to do so...!
    I was contact my attorney and ask her what I need to do?
    She say, "Contact your creditor to make an arragments to return the item purchased"

My question is Wells Frago is not appliance store, so they are able to receive the TV? and also the TV has some screen failures, so value is almost nothing... and that the way attorneys work, do suppose are in your behalf?

Any one can advise me, How I am need to act or to handle this matter, I need to respond March 29th 2010, to wells fargo?

It seems a bit odd to me. You're right, they probably don't want a used TV, it'd probably cost them more to take and sell than they'd get for it. Personally -- and this isn't advice -- if it's secured I'd just wait for them to repo it. They may threaten to, but I'd doubt they'd actually bother.

Comment

I should have asked, did you file a Statement of Intention for it yet? What did you say on that? I thought that the worst that happens if you don't get around to surrendering something you were supposed to is that you remain liable for it, but the process is described somewhat in 11USC521 if I recall correctly. I don't think you necessarily get off for free, though -- if they do choose to pursue it, they're entitled to the payments or the TV, assuming it's a normal secured loan. If you don't surrender it in enough time, the stay gets lifted so they can go after it, should they so choose.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, when I met myt attorney she ask me for all my debts, and the appliance, she did put on the list of unsecured debts, and only my car was in to the secured debt that I will surrerendered... so is any mistake in this?
        So my attorney advise me, that I need call wells fargo and make an arragments, that the right way to do far?

Comment

Perform a forum search for Best Buy. Many people have experienced similar issues. If you don't want the item and corresponding debt, don't reaffirm. If the debt is secured, your creditor has the right to repossess it; however, most creditors don't exert time, energy, and money into such.
          *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

It certainly seems odd to me to be talking of surrendering an item bought with money from a creditor if it doesn't secure a debt.

I can't tell you what the "right" way is, but personally I'd probably just leave it listed however my attorney had suggested and not bother making effort to return it. I may be misunderstanding the consequences of that though.

Comment

Did you ask the manufacturer if there is a warranty of that appliances? Because all appliances whether that is a TV or not, there are a warranty of it. Try to ask them first. Good luck!
              My online appliances.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X