Wild card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild card

I am going to be filing ch 7 in Illinois and own two vehicles outright. My cars are super old and the one I drive easily fits under the exeption. I want to claim the other one in my wild card and don't know exactly how to do that. It is a 1998 Dodge Durango with tons of rust and really doesnt even hardly run. My soon to be ex still drives it but has to open the hood and do something to mess with it to even get it to start. I tried to kelly blue book it for a value but the lowest they will list is $1900. Well the truck is worth like $200. If I list it as being worth next to nothing I am afraid I will have a problem. I thought about taking photos of it and having a mechanic estimate how much it would cost to make it really drivable. Does anyone have any imput on how I can exempt this? Thanks so much

well, the wild card exemption is $4000 in IL..so even if you valued the Dodge at $1900, it would be covered, right?....are you just trying to use less of the wild card so more is left to cover other things?

..or is the other car worth even less?....maybe you could use some of the wildcard for it and use the $2400 car exemption for the Dodge? just thinking.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X