reducing interest on loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reducing interest on loan

I read somewhere when you file chapter 7 the bk court can reduce your interest on your auto. Is there any true to this? I got my jeep last dec and traded in my truck I at 21% right now and plan to reaffim it. There is nothing wrong with it but tires and I got the loan to help my credit after discharge.

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
    I read somewhere when you file chapter 7 the bk court can reduce your interest on your auto. Is there any true to this? I got my jeep last dec and traded in my truck I at 21% right now and plan to reaffim it. There is nothing wrong with it but tires and I got the loan to help my credit after discharge.
    Not in a Chapter 7.
    You could explore a 722 redemption loan to reduce the balance owed but, the interest rate would still be nosebleed.
    Honestly, why would you drag a loan on a deprecitaing asset through bk and pay 21% for the privelge?
    Part of a successful bk is about making good decisions post bk. This doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

Comment

I will not be getting rid of the jeep. I have equity in it and good a good deal since I got more for my trade in then I paid for it and got the jeep less then the retail price is. No reason to get rid of it expect the interest and given I will be able to pay it down or off within a year of my bk and it will help my credit post discharge. My plan is to get it paid down in a year or so, not paid off but down enough where it helps my credit but does not have me paying alot of money in interest.
      Originally posted by keepmine View Post
      Not in a Chapter 7.
      You could explore a 722 redemption loan to reduce the balance owed but, the interest rate would still be nosebleed.
      Honestly, why would you drag a loan on a deprecitaing asset through bk and pay 21% for the privelge?
      Part of a successful bk is about making good decisions post bk. This doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X