top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when are unsecured county supplimental transfer taxes able to be discharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when are unsecured county supplimental transfer taxes able to be discharged?

This is a pretty complicated issue and I am hoping to find someone who is familiar with this type of situation. I want to know if I can discharge a tax which had been assigned to me personally and not to a property. The tax is known as an escape tax and supplimentary real property tax. The tax is entered onto the unsecured tax roll because there has been a transfer and sale of the property subsequent to the tax bill being issued. Appearently the person who is the presumed owner at the time of the bill when the property was assesed is the one responsible for this tax bill and not the property itself. In most cases the tax is paid by the new owner and the sale or forclosure of the property would pay off any existing taxes. This is what most people understand to be the case. However in my research I came to find out that this so called "escape and supplementary real property tax is considered by the assessors office to be the responsibility of the person on record who was the owner at the time of the assesment and thus they attatched a personal lein to me which I see on my credit report. I currently own no property and the properties which have caused this situation have been forclosed. So the only way to pay this as far as they are concerned is to seize my property, which is my car. I cant let this happen. I am disabled and low income. Please tell me what I can do and how to get this discharged if it is at all possible. Thank you

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X