Federal Exemptions UPDATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Exemptions UPDATED

Federal Exemptions have been brought up to date and applies to cases filed on or after April 1, 2010.

Thanks for the update. They are done every three years if I am not mistaken.
    Do you know if all exemptions are doubled if you are married and are filing jointly? I have never seen this stated in any official document, but I understand that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by URODOC View Post
      Thanks for the update. They are done every three years if I am not mistaken.
      Do you know if all exemptions are doubled if you are married and are filing jointly? I have never seen this stated in any official document, but I understand that is the case.
      My husband and I filed jointly and used Federal Exemptions here in WA state since we have the choice of which set to utilize. Yes, they were doubled.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Posted by URODOC
        Do you know if all exemptions are doubled if you are married and are filing jointly? I have never seen this stated in any official document, but I understand that is the case
        When married couples file for bankruptcy jointly,
        federal law and the laws of some states allow each
        person to claim the full amount of an exemption. (11
        U.S.C. ยง 522.)
        Yes the Federal exemptions are doubled and usually if it doesn't state you can assume that they may be doubled. (via NOLO)

Comment

Also please note that as of January 23, 2011 New York now allows choice of Federal Exemptions!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X