Student Loan/Taz Refund Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Loan/Taz Refund Question

We are filing Chapter 7 and we still have a few things to finish and give to the attorney. We should be filing in March.

My question is this. Both my husband and I have gotten and tax refunds and student loan and grant refunds.

What can I spend that money on before Bankruptcy? I believe we have to exempt the money we don't spend, included in bank account on the schedules.

We have been using it at BJ's and Costco on groceries. Spending about 750 total. Not anything but food and 5 articles of clothing and a pair of tennis shoes.
    I also need a lot of prescription and we spent the money on that too.
    We got eye exams and glasses.
    We are going to the oral surgeon Monday to have a wisdom tooth pulled.
    We are getting some stuff done on one of our cars. which should be around 750.

Our Amounts were:
    Tax Return total: 2400
    Student loan/Grant refund = 2400

We need clothes. I had a gastric bypass and have gone from a xxl top to a medium. So I don't have many clothes that fit. I am worried about buying clothes and the trustee getting mad. What should I cap my clothes shopping at? I need tops, sweaters, jeans, misc. underwear.

What else can we spend the money on??? I believe we need to spend as much as possible BUT NOT to preferential creditors.

Thanks!!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X