TRustee trying to take my exempt alimony and retirement funds:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRustee trying to take my exempt alimony and retirement funds:

So, I am discharged from a Chapter 7. I have two APs pending, one from the Trustee who seems to be fishing: she claims that my alimony (which is exempt in my state) and my retirement funds (all qualified) might NOT be exempt. She made a complaint; I answered and a hearing has been set for May. Is she just trying to make my life even more difficult? She didn't ask for any discovery. I can trace all the bank account money I had on hand when I filed to alimony, and I didn't comingle with nonexempt funds.

Finally, do I have to PROVE that I didn't comingle or is it up to her to prove that I did?
    Is it enough for me to take bank statements showing that all deposits came from alimony? Is it enough to show a letter from the IRS and ERISA re the retirement funds being qualified?

Did the trustee have all these documents prior to filing the complaint? Once again something doesn't seem right.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X