top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Gurus needed! First court date for foreclosure Tuesday!! 5 months hospitalized "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gurus needed! First court date for foreclosure Tuesday!! 5 months hospitalized "

"Newbie here – gurus needed! First court date for foreclosure this Tuesday!! after five months hospitalized in past year"

chicago- IL-COOK COUNTY
    Background: FIVE hospitalizations in the past 14 months -- the most recent of which was TWO MONTHS LONG. Financial situation dire. Formerly excellent credit along with prompt, in-full payments for all debts until September when I was unable to continue making mortgage payments.

Facts So Far:
    July - continued mortgage payments. Got a housing counselor who initiated application process for Housing Hardship Fund, a federal grant/forgivable loan exclusively for paying back any unmet monthly mortgage debt & fees.

August-continued mortgage payments. Telephoned Citimortgage while still current to explore options. Chose not to pursue loan modification or forbearance.

September to present - stopped making mortgage payments.

Regularly telephoned Citimortgage emails to let them know about pursuing Housing Hardship Fund to re-pay outstanding mortgage payments.

**No responses or contact to me or my housing counselor from Citi's assigned point person.

February - (Beginning of)
    2-month hospitalization.

After months of no replies, received a letter from a law firm representing Citi indicating my home in downtown Chicago, Illinois had been referred for foreclosure.

February to present - never served a summons.

Recently learned of my court info through Cook county public record.

Didn't know anything about "Motion to appear & answer" within 30 days of foreclosure referral until a couple of days ago. So I didn't execute that.

As Of Today -
    Researched foreclosure timeline(s).
    Studied Illinois Legal Aid Fndn foreclosure site and all sublinks.

Still in awful medical shape even though I've been discharged from hospital;

Questions:
    What are my options?
    What would you do next?

Considering whether I could get a continuance. If so, would that temporarily *suspend* foreclosure process?

You need to get to a Bankruptcy Attorney TODAY and talk about your situation. The Attorney can put the AUTOMATIC STAY in today which will STOP your FORECLOSURE PROCEEDINGS. Talk to the Attorney NOW!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X