top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with keys, garage door opener, etc??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do with keys, garage door opener, etc??

Hello! Our home is in foreclosure and was included in our bank.... and the auction date of our property was on July 9th. How do you know if someone bought it or if the bank owns it now? In MN we have a 6 month redemption period, but we are leaving our home next week and moving into a rental. Can someone help us to understand what we do with keys, garage door openers, etc?? We are lost....Thanks.

i don't know much about the foreclosure bit, but i wanted to say hi to another minnesotan!

good luck getting your answer, someone here should know.
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

just leave on couter tops, thats what i did. they will know what it is for.
      Filed Ch 7: 4-24-08
      341 meeting: 6-3-08
      Last day for objections: 8-4-08
      Discharged: 8-6-08

Comment

Our bank told us that after we have moved out to let them know. They said to send them the keys, and they would then change the locks.
        Filed 5/22/08 341 Meeting 6/19/08 (No Asset) Last Day for Objections 8/19/08 Discharged 8/22/08 Case Closed 8/25/08
        Credit Score 4/28/08--660 6/10/08--528 Credit Score 8/30/08--625

Comment

They will change everything anyways.

Comment

Hello soleprop! Nice to see people from home in here. Well, I called US Bank today...and they basically just said to leave the keys on the counter. They told me that they have a master key to get into all homes anyway...?? Strange...but they also said to call on the day we move out and they will have someone come over and secure the property? Anyone had experience with this?

Comment

As others stated, leave the keys on the counter and call the lender. The reason the lender wants to know if the home is vacant is so the lender can have someone make sure the property is locked up tight and no one can break in and damage the property or steal anything (i.e. plumbing).

As far the lender having a "Master Key", I don't buy that. The lender can simply have a locksmith sent to the home, usually with the Sheriff, to get into the house and then secure the property. At least this is what happened at our home when we left. A few of the neighbors called to tell us about it. We had them keeping an eye on the home for us until the bank finalized the foreclosure.
              Bankruptcy History:
              Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
              Discharged - 02/16/2006
              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X