top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I find out how much my house was auctioned for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I find out how much my house was auctioned for?

Hi everyone,

Finally after wondering what would come next after the numerous NODs arrived in my mail, the notice of sale date finally arrived (of course, in numerous envelopes containing the exact same documents).

My question is, will a letter arrived telling me how much the house auctioned for? I'd really like to know, but would the only way of finding out be by going to the auction?

Thanks for info.

Usually, the home will sell for 2/3 of it's appraised value. If the home is being auctioned by the Sheriff, hs/she will have the home appraised. Also, you can check with the Sheriff's website. There is usually a link to the upcoming foreclosure sales. Either that, you could wait until you receive something from the lender. You'll get something come tax time............don't worry, it means nothing.........and you'll know the actual loss the lender took.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by hnhlvr View Post
      Hi everyone,

Finally after wondering what would come next after the numerous NODs arrived in my mail, the notice of sale date finally arrived (of course, in numerous envelopes containing the exact same documents).

My question is, will a letter arrived telling me how much the house auctioned for? I'd really like to know, but would the only way of finding out be by going to the auction?

Thanks for info.
      Interesting. Now that I read this I realize I haven't received *anything* in the mail regarding my Trustee Sale. 2 weeks ago there was a Notice of Sale taped to the door, but that's been it.

Comment

I wonder...if they receive more at the auction that what you owe, do you get the remaining amount back?

Comment

look up

You can look it up on the county records, but it takes a couple months to show usually

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X