CalHFA and NFCU reaffirming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalHFA and NFCU reaffirming

Has anyone NOT reaffirmed with California Housing Finance Agency or Navy Federal Credit Union?

I heard Navy only reaffirms on all or nothing!?

Does anyone know if NFCU will reaffirm a car loan but not enforce a 17K cc bill that is filed under our chapter 7

Comment

Yes....remember cross collateralzation only applies prior to BK. Once discharge it is illegal to collect on a debt that has been discharged. I still have my auto loan with them, did not reaffirm and actually quiet pleasant. I still like NFCU. If I ever win the lottery I'd paid them back and USAA.

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?p=364708

Comment

We haven't filed the chap 7 yet...but are going to in about two weeks. Met with lawyer Monday and we def qualify. He seems to think that NFCU will make us pay for both the credit card and the car loan and assume all of that debt rather than us only paying for the car. We are not late on the car payment and never have been. the credit card is about 2 mons late. So should we just continue to pay on the car loan like we have been doing? And are you sure that we get to keep the car if we don't pay the credit card?

Not trying to second guess...but I've just gotten conflicting story's...

Comment

Originally posted by jennagirl View Post
          Met with lawyer Monday and we def qualify. He seems to think that NFCU will make us pay for both the credit card and the car loan and assume all of that debt rather than us only paying for the car.

Not trying to second guess...but I've just gotten conflicting story's...
          Not being a smart @ss but I don't have a crystal ball so NFCU could do whatever they want BUT....like I said.....

Yes....remember cross collateralzation only applies prior to BK. Once discharge it is illegal to collect on a debt that has been discharged. I still have my auto loan with them, did not reaffirm and actually quiet pleasant. I still like NFCU. If I ever win the lottery I'd paid them back and USAA.
          I sent you a PM too

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X