Foreclosure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure question

Ok so my DH and I filed chapter 7 in october, discharged in Feb. no problems at all. We included our house in our chapter 7 and I got a letter in the mail from our common pleas court. it's our mortgage company just trying to get the house, but it says counsel is expected to be present. So do my DH and I need to go to this? We already moved out of the house, we don't care about the house we want them to take it. I just don't want to mess anything up by not showing up to this court hearing if i'm suppose to go. Anybody know anything about this?
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
    341 meeting November 25, 2008

From what I am finding out, they can take months even a year to foreclose on your home, even after it was included in your Chapter 7. I don't think you need to attend anything on a foreclosure, laws were put in place to have foreclosure proceedings continue without the owner needing to be present.

Comment

No. You need not attend any hearings, unless you're contesting the foreclosure, which you are obviously not going to do since you've vacated the home. Just keep the insurance current to cover yourself in the event of fire, vandalism or an accident. You are responsible for the home until the deed changes hands to the lender/buyer at auction.
      Bankruptcy History:
      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
      Discharged - 02/16/2006
      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X