Lender filed to lift stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lender filed to lift stay

Atty filed C7 for us 4/29. Nationpoint filed motion to have the stay lifted on 5/15, court date 6/23. I was hoping for them not to so we could buy some extra time as our district is taking 4-5 mos AFTER the 341 to discharge due to volume. I'm just worried that once the relief of stay is granted they'll pick up where they left off (we were about 6 weeks into the NOD), and we may not be discharged by the time we have to move and therefore may not be able to rent a place

The situation is what it is. It was a little unrealistic to expect that the mortgage company would not file the motion; filing the Motion to Lift is practically automatic if you go into a chapter 7 behind on your mortgage.

You can continue to live in the house even after the foreclosure sale date until someone goes to the trouble to evict you.

Comment

If you're worried about not being able to pass the credit check for a rental, never fear---all my irl friends and I have been able to pass with flying colors for a rental before anything discharged.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely View Post
        If you're worried about not being able to pass the credit check for a rental, never fear---all my irl friends and I have been able to pass with flying colors for a rental before anything discharged.
        WOW really?! I thought for sure they'd want to see the discharge papers. Did you have to put down an addt'l deposit?

Comment

I had to pay a month and a half in advance. One place only wanted 500, but it wasn't as nice. You will have no problem renting, they just charge you a little more up front. I made the mistake of telling them I was in bankruptcy. You may do better if you keep your mouth shut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X