Got my NOD today, now what !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my NOD today, now what !!

First I want to say, thank you to each and everyone who has posted on this site.. It has really helped me alot knowing that I'm not the only one going threw all this ! I recived my NOD today and I feel like i have failed my family.. I have a appointment with my Lawyer on the 15th .. My question is.. What are a few key questions i need to ask my Lawyer, At this point i can't even think straight ! I plan on filing chapter 7 including my house, All i really care about is keeping both cars.. Is that possible ? thanks everyone (I live in central Florida if that helps )
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

maybe I should be more clear here ... My question is, how long do you have to get your things out of your house after you been serverd your NOD ? Also, can include your HOA in your Bk ??
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

You can include your HOA in BK, but only up until your discharge. You will most likely be responsible for the HOA fees after the discharge, until the sheriff's sale of your home. Once you file bankruptcy, you get an automatic stay, and can stay in your home for the duration of the bankruptcy. Once foreclosure starts after your bankruptcy is complete, you have about 6 months to stay in your home.

Comment

Thank you money.. Well I met with my attorney.. It's kinda funny so to speak, she was very impressed with the fact that I had done my homework.. I just couldn't see myself walking in that office with my eye's closed to this matter.. But I gotta say, thank you to everyone here for posting, I've learned so much !! Now here is some information that i found out about concerning my two cars, Seeing that were including the house you get that combined $10,000 for including the homestead.. I was told that covers any and all of my personal property ( cars included) is that true ?? I just want to make sure I'm understand all of the correctly !

Thanks, any advice is apprecated ~
        Filed on 7-17-09
        waiting for 341
        341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X