top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been contacted by Realtors on behalf of Freddie Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been contacted by Realtors on behalf of Freddie Mac?

Our house was sold last Wednesday at the Sheriff's foreclosure sale. On Thursday and on Sunday two different realtors dropped by the house. They told me they wanted to find out if we wanted to rent the house, negotiate a new mortgage or "cash for keys program" / "relocation assistance program".

Both realtors also wanted to know the condition of the house and if I had other living arrangements. The Thursday realtor said that he was working with Freddie Mac and would tell Freddie Mac that we were interested in the cash for keys program.

The Sunday realtor said that he was with Titanium Solutions and that I would need to speak with his attorney contact to find out more information about the relocation assistance program since I was not interested in living in the house any longer.

I did a little research on the attorney contact and found that his firm specializes in creditor's rights and is vice-president of his firm. I believe that the attorney contact from the Sunday relator is more than valid.

I was a bit rattled about being approached by both realtors because I did not expect it. I also had a problem with the Thursday realtor not providing me with valid documentation that indicates they are representing Freddie Mac. A realtor's business card does not work for me.

Today I called the Sherriff's Department and confirmed that the house was bought back by Wells Fargo for more than what we owed on the 1st mortgage by approximately $2,500.00. I wanted to make sure that the house had been sold and who was the new owner.

My Chapter 7 was discharged on 05/13/09. The 1st and 2nd mortgages on the house was included in the bankruptcy so I am not worried about a deficiency judgement. Has anyone been approached by a realtor after their house was sold at the sherriff's sale and was offered the same options that the Thursday realtor offered to me?

Did you work with a realtor who approached you to find out if you were going to move out of the house or did you contact Freddie Mac yourself to find out about any type of cash assistance program? If so, how much money were you given? Does anyone know why Freddie Mac would get involved in this if Wells Fargo still owns the house?

I have 90 days in the house due to the right of redemption period in the state of Kansas. I was planning on moving out of the house in mid-August, which is about 12 days before the redemption period ends. I still need to have a garage sale and sell some things on Craigslist to lighten my load and declutter my new life. Who needs a 21 foot telescopic ladder when you are moving into a ground floor apartment???.....ha.ha.ha.ha.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Warmest regards,

Peri

Wells Fargo is probablythe servicer, not the owner. It sounds like Freddie Mac owns the mortgage and has WF handle payment.
    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X