Chapter 7 probably and lose home questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 probably and lose home questions

After going over our finances on my income we can not pay our house. The payment is low, but in MO, the wages are horrible and the healthcare is even worse. The income in the ozark area is terrible, a good reason to use them as an example of what not to do if you are in state leadership.. Anyhow..
    We will be in chapter 7 we think, and we have a house in GA the tennat is long gone and it is behind by about 3 months with Wells Fargo. WE have tried for a DIL, even once a short sale but Wells fargo lost all the paperwork so many times that we lost our buyer. Anyhow, they have been making a decison for about 3 months without payments now. We do not live there, but the house we live in is too expensive too at 785.00 per month. It has a first and second... but we are thinking of leaving the whole darn area since the income is so low. They are losing their population here and have been for a decade. Anyhow, we are paying this month for the last time, but we have not paid yet due to lack of funds. But this is the last month on all of our bills and we will be out of funds. How long does it take for them to toss us to the curb? I have heard that we may be there in 5 months that banks are simply not taking the property over so fast anymore. We do keep the place up well, but since we will probably lose a car we have to come up with a plan to get a second car that is dependable as I drive 50 miles a day for my job, and hubby drives doing sales who knows how many miles a day! His job sucks and pays nothing but he can not find anything else at 60 years old. So, how much time do we have before they kick us to the curb in the ozark area in Missouri? Does anyone know?

Just a short note: IF you can afford to bring the GA house up to date while not paying on the Ozark house, could you afford the GA house? If you intend to move anyway, would GA have a possibility for your hubby and/or you for work? Work is hard to find anywhere these days. It usually takes a good six or more months before action would be taken to kick you out. Possibly longer since the economy sucks.

Now if you move to GA, you would have to be there I believe six months and declare domicile in that state. If you bked right away, you would have to use your MO states rules in GA. If the rules are better in one state than the other, wait it out or use the MO state rules.

Give me some feed back on this idea. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Great thoughts, but the GA property is about 3 months behind and we are current on the MO home. We would not want to move back to GA, and I have the knife scars to prove it, that is why we left i was attacked in my own yard in Norcross. We have tried the short sale and like I said Wells lost our paper work 3 times, the realtors several times and the buyer walked. It is a long story that I have RANTED about far too much.. ha ha. The MO home has a first and a second on it. The jobs here are horrible, so we are considering moving back out west by family. More jobs in AZ really than CA, so that may be an options if I can transfer anyhow. Or we may rent here and build up some cash reserve and wait out the economy a bit more. It will be three years before buying a home I guess anyhow.. and I am not so sure I would do it again after all of this. You simply can not trust the financial people, appraisers, inspectors or realtors and there is no real legal recourse against snake oil sales people. So, we may invest in something else and just rent ... bad taste in the mouth for sure.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X