? about foreclosure and appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    It so happens that when we were out running our errands this morning, 'Hub and I passed a couple of 'spec' houses that are for sale, and decided to stop and look. Neither one had a stove, refigerator, or dishwasher, though the plumbing was there, as was a range hood. Now it may be that these items will come when the houses are sold--if they are--and are simply not there to keep them from being stolen.

Business is not booming for these homes, and there was no person on duty, or literature available that would answer those questions.

On another note, we had a friend that sold her home several years ago, and she took her stand-alone appliances, as described by HHM, with her. The only thing that she had to leave that she did not want to, was an antique-looking electric stove that she had paid major $$$$ for. Because this house was a restored Victorian, and she expressly bought this stove for it, the prospective buyer insisted that it stay. I am not sure if it was covered in the sales price or not. There were some other issues with that particular sale.

I hope this helps.
    In the sale scenario, the purchase agreement will usually specify what stays and go and it becomes a point of negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
      I by no means trashed my house.. there are no holes in the wall, all the plumbing is in tact, ac unit is still outside.. I just took my kitchen appliances due to that I bought them , and wanted to use em in my new place. my current landlord donated the appliances to a local family who lost most of what they own, due to a fire. I have no reason to trash my home, its our mistake that is has gone into fourclosure.
      Not even one little kick to the drywall behind a door?

Did you take all the lightbulbs?
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X