Should I call weird situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I call weird situation

So I have received NOD and notice of trustee sale to take place on September 8. All done via mail and certified mail. last night I get home and as I am walking up my driveway someone gets out of a car and calls my name. I turn around and he hands me an envelope and walks away. When I open it its a little note from National City mortgage saying to call them as soon as possible. Then in fine print it also says I can call Homeowners Hope hotline. So my question is are they just trying to work out a loan modification with us and thats why they are now contacting us? I do not want to keep the house as it is in disarray and the 4500 a month payment even if reworked will be too high. Does anyone know if this is just a mod offer or ??

If it helps I am in Southern California, discharged Chp 7 BK and have pretty much already moved out as we will be living with inlaws rent free for a few months.
    Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
    341 Hearing 3-24-08

Sounds like a scam.

Comment

Edit:

If this came to you well after the real NOD, it is indeed a scam.

Probably a company that will "help you" if you sign papers that give them the property. Later, they will refinance you and let you catch up.

Lies, almost all the time.
      Last edited by DeadManCrawling; 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM.
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Sorry I guess I did not put this down but National City Mortgage is my loan holder and the one foreclosing. I called the number and the recording says its an attempt to collect debt but if you are a discharged chp 7 client they are not collecting a debt but pursuing their rights to obtain the property, etc. So it looks like maybe a modification offer.

Thanks for the replies.
        Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
        341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

Is this the organization? Homeowners Hope

There were several scams trying to mimic them.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

It says important please call National City Mortgage then phone number. National city and the phone number are hand written. The rest is a form letter that says you may also call the homeowners hope hotline a free service, etc. When I called the number I got a recording saying I was in a que and this was national city and they were not trying to collect a debt. I figure the letter is a form letter from Cal Western here in San Diego who handles foreclosures for numerous banks so they probably just write in the bank name and phone number.
            Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
            341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X