Another loan modification dilemma...Need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another loan modification dilemma...Need suggestions

Well, I don't know if others would consider this a dilemma, but I do!

Like I said in a previous post, I've been trying to modify our mortgage since April. It's always "still in the review process" and "it should just be a couple more weeks". Yeah, right, whatever.

Anyway, the last time I spoke to IndyMac, "Roberto", supposedly in the loss mitigation dept., tells me that they can't continue with my modification because some information is missing. If he had been sitting next to me, I probably would have choked him. But, alas, I settled for chewing him out and telling him that I had sent in all the requested documentation TWICE, and someone had better find my paperwork! I hung up on him seething!

Well, a couple of days later, after I was calm, I called them back. This time "Christina" tells me that it is still in review, but "because it has been so long, they want updated income documentation". It's my fault it's taken 5 months???? But, I didn't say that. Instead, I said, "Well I have my husband's current Profit & Loss in front of me, should I fax it to you?" So she says, "Is it certified by a CPA?" I said, "No. We don't have a CPA. I've been doing the accounting for my husband's business since 1997." She tells me, "Well, I can tell you right now that if it isn't certified by a CPA and notarized, they will reject it."

Now, none of this is in the Hardship Package that they sent me. It says income documentation (and I quote):

"For each borrower who is self-employed: a copy of your most recent tax return including all schedules and a copy of your most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit/loss statement." Which I have.

So now what? Does anyone have any ideas? I don't know any CPA's and I can't imagine calling one up and asking them to "certify" my P&L statement. I imagine they'll want lots of money to go over our books and do it themselves before they would certify it.

I think this is stupid. Our income documentation was good enough to get the loan in the first place, so what's wrong with it now? We desperately want to keep our home, so I'm trying to do whatever I can to get this mod to go through, but this has me stumped. Ideas of what I could do to satisfy them?

Anyone here a CPA?
    Lying awake at night...
    Waiting to file...
    Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

I, too, was jerked around by our lender, claiming that we "qualify" for a loan mod and to send in paperwork, etc, then three month trial period on time (which we did). They still came back and told us we were denied our loan mod. The whole process just doesn't make sense to me. We, too, were desparate to keep our home. Now.....I'm ready to move on and put this whole nightmare behind us. A fresh start, rent payment, and totally on a cash basis. I used to think that these mortgage companies didn't want all these houses back. Now, I'm not so sure.

Comment

Nice.

Yeah, I thought about asking them if they really want my house back, but then I thought, maybe they do????

I'm going to try submitting the updated financial info anyway (it looks professional enough to me) and see what happens. It will at least buy me some more time while it's in the review process. And, maybe the girl didn't know what she was talking about. I often get several different answers to my questions when I call them, so who knows who is right?
      Lying awake at night...
      Waiting to file...
      Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X