Florida Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Timeline

I have been reading this forum for awhile. The wheels are in motion and I have a couple of questions.

Some history, we bought a house in FL in 2006. The original owners did not disclose that the addition was not build to code or permitted by the county. We are in lawsuit since Mar 07 and finally heading to trial in Dec. We moved to NC in Mar 08 and have been renting out the property. However, the rent does not cover the expenses by $900 per month.

I have been limping along for the last 8 months on the edge of foreclosure. I am keeping the property until trial. I went 61 days overdue and GMAC has sent me to foreclosure. I tried to make a regular payment and GMAC refused to take it unless I pay the whole $7000. After trial, I believe Title insurance should pay off the loan because of fraud. We will win, I have testimony from previous renters, the original engineer and all the county paperwork.

My question is: how long do I have before the foreclosure hits the court? How long will the process take in FL? How do I slow the process down so we still own the house when trial comes in Dec?

Nightmare in FL

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this 'nightmare' and from a distance at that. Truthfully, I don't know that anyone has a suggestion on how to slow DOWN the process--everyone wants to know how to speed it up!

With the way the economy is, you probably need do nothing; the whole economic mess is slowing of it's own inertia.

Where is this home located? Knowing that will help to generate some more specific answers.

Good luck~~
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My home still has not foreclosed here in Florida after 2 years, 10 months. Not sure when it will foreclose. Answering the summons with affirmative defenses, plus my BK7 along with DH's BK7 (filed separately) surely strung in along though. I have rented out the house until it forecloses and will post the final results when/if foreclosure is final.

Comment

10 months no payments

I have not made a home payment since December 2008. I discharged the mortgage in Chapter 7 in August. I simply respond to all information in affirmative defenses. Also I requested a hearing. The timeline to have a judge set a hearing is around 6 months in some places. I will likely have the house until I decide to leave or around 10 more months.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X