Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Determine Where I Am in the Process

Hi,

I live in Florida and was served with a Foreclosure complaint about 45 days ago. I will be filing CH 13 but only want to do so at the latest possible moment.

Can someone educate me how I can determine where the complaint is in the overall process and at what step I should file CH 13?

Thanks.

That would really be difficult to say. They may be very busy with many foreclosures. Eventually you will get a notice to vacate and may have 30 to 60 days to move out. Even if you reaffirm, you must have your payments up to date. What are your intentions? Do you wish to keep the place? 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Does the NOD have to be sent certified?

Sorry, I meant to start a new post and hit reply instead.
      Teacher Momma

Comment

Foreclosures in florida are taking at a minimum 9 months, and realistically more like a year and up to 2 years. Who is your lender?

Comment

You can follow the foreclosure process online at your county clerks website. Then bring a copy of your BK notice of stay to the clerks office the day before your foreclosure hearing and have the clerk time stamp it. That will stop the foreclosure for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by awayalways View Post
            You can follow the foreclosure process online at your county clerks website. Then bring a copy of your BK notice of stay to the clerks office the day before your foreclosure hearing and have the clerk time stamp it. That will stop the foreclosure for awhile
            Very good idea. I will remember that for the future OPs. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

county clerks website?

I am going to check that out
              Thanks

Comment

I found the site by looking for access to renters
                I dont have anything under my name yet.. no BK (discharge in september) and nothing from the mortgage company..

Comment

I have looked ALL OVER the county's websites - clerk, assesor, prop tax, you name it...and there is nothing!!

Riverside County California
                  Teacher Momma

Comment

My auction sale has been postponed from next week to mid Jan 2010. If the new auction date goes through and redemption period passes, 16 months of free rent from last mortgage payment.

Comment

In Florida we have access to the "XXX county clerk of the court" website where anyone can lookup judicial information for free. I'm not sure how other states do it though.

Comment

Awayalways,

Wow 34 months! That's awesome (I think). Do you mind if I contact you by email? I have some questions for you.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                          That would really be difficult to say. They may be very busy with many foreclosures. Eventually you will get a notice to vacate and may have 30 to 60 days to move out. Even if you reaffirm, you must have your payments up to date. What are your intentions? Do you wish to keep the place? 'Hub
                          Payments DO have to be up to date in a Chapter 13? That is the OP's plan.

I thought you could make up payments in the plan?

I'm doing a 7, so maybe I am not recalling something, again!
                          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by willsurvive View Post
                            Awayalways,

Wow 34 months! That's awesome (I think). Do you mind if I contact you by email? I have some questions for you.

Thanks.
                            just pm my name

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X