Does this sound like a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound like a game?

So we have not paid our mortgage in full since 5/09. We made two partial payments of 1500 in June and July, so we have a suspense account of 3000. We did this because the loan company was telling us to make good faith payments while we worked on a modification. We were also in BK at the time which has since been dismissed. We are not in foreclosure, we have basically been left alone the entire time we have not paid. They motioned to lift the automatic stay, but other than that - nothing. 4 times since the stay was lifted they have told us they were sending us the modification packet - and nothing has ever come. Everytime I call re: modification I am transferred to no where.
    So I called the mortgage company last week to ask where we were at in the process (we are thinking we may walk, but lots to decide on that so as far as they know we are trying to modify). I was told last week that if I made a payment by/on 11/2 (today) that it would "keep it out of foreclosure".

So I called today to ask some questions about our suspense account and the escrow account, etc and I was told if I made a payment of $94 that it would keep it out of foreclosure for the time being since we had 3000K in the suspense and the full payment is $3094. Then the guy said "well as long as the system doesn't start taking fees out of the suspense account, it hasn't so far, it would put the 3094 towards a payment and you would be ok for now".

Does that sound like a crock to anyone? My gut is to keep not paying until they approach us, but if $94 can buy some time to keep out of the process???
    Teacher Momma

It is so hard to know what these mortgage companies are up to, I swear! I wish I could help you, but we are fighting to keep our home on THREE fronts now to see if one of them will pan out!

We received our modification package from IndyMac at the end of September. They gave us a deadline to return all the documentation and our first trial payment by October 24. I had the package all ready to return when they served us with a foreclosure summons!

So, we are now in our trial modification - I checked with them and yes, we are supposedly all set up in the system. We retained an attorney to answer the foreclosure summons for us which she did immediately without collecting a dime from us yet - she was an absolute Godsend! She filed a motion to dismiss based on several reasons she found in our documents. This can stall them for up to a year here in FL - some have gone even longer. And we've also put the house on the market in the event that they don't make our modification permanent. Not on short sale though as we still have some equity. And even with all this, I am still getting calls from their collections department wanting me to make a payment.

So who knows what your mortgage company will do - they probably don't even know! If $94 will keep them from filing foreclosure for the time being, then do it because once they file it's a race against the clock if you are intending to keep the house.
    Lying awake at night...
    Waiting to file...
    Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X