Appliances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appliances?

Hello everyone. I filed Ch. 7 in October and had my 341 meeting last month. At the time, I thought I wanted to keep my house, because I have put so much money and energy into fixing it up. But I've come to realize that it needs sooo much more work and maintenance and I'm really in over my head (it's my first house, and was a HUGE learning experience). I'm single, and cannot do any work myself. Also, I cannot sell the house for what I owe on it.

Well, I just learned that my roommate will be moving out of the country in July. So I've been coming to terms with the fact that I now must let the house go, and need to find a cheaper place to live. I believe the house is included in my bankruptcy, which has not yet been discharged, and I have not signed a reaffirmation agreement regarding it. My question is, can I sell or keep the washer and dryer and refrigerator? The house came with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer, but they were 14 years old and didn't work very well, so I replaced them. I know I can't take permanent "fixtures" which most likely includes the new over the range microwave, stove and dishwasher. But I have read conflicting opinions about refrigerators, washers, and dryers, that they count as "personal property." Also, I did own my washer and dryer before I even bought the house, I bought them for my old apartment. In my area, some rentals come with washers and dryers in the unit, and some have just the connections. I need to know so I can know which rentals to look at. Thanks for any help, and I apologize if this question has been asked before. I did read the thread about the gate but was left a little confused about appliances. Thanks.

Once your bankruptcy is over, you can sell your personal property or take it with you when you move.

Right now though, the trustee controls your "estate" so you can't sell anything yet.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Nobody is going to come into your house to make sure you have a washer/dryer etc etc etc etc etc!!!!!

Comment

Thank you, keepinitreal and 325Falcon. I guess when my bk is over and it's time to move, I'll sell the fridge and keep or sell the washer/dryer. Now I can look at places with just the w/d connections too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X