discharged chp7, now don't want to keep house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discharged chp7, now don't want to keep house

I was discharged in 08/09 and case closed, at first I told the trustee I was going to try to modify my two loans and try to keep house, I'm in MD. Both of my loans were IIB.

I did not reaffirm and did not sign anything. Since 09/09 I have been trying to get a loan mod, but no success. I even hired an attorney to help with the loan mod, still did not help quicken the process. At this point I'm underwater about at least $100,000 and I think it is time for us to move out.

EMC mortgage hired an attorney to foreclose and then it was put on hold when I went on the payment plan. By the way they told my attorney they didnt want the home, but it will take 4-6 months to get a negotiator to do the mod. I will not pay the trial payment for this month and I guess the foreclosure process will continue where it left off. I planned to stay in the house until I get a sale date, but will be packing and moving little by little. I will continue to pay utilities and HOA fees. My taxes and insurance are escrowed and have been payed until July of this year. I will post updates if anyone is interested. Any ideas or advice will be much appreciated.
    Retained attorney 4/21/2009 Monday
    Filed Ch 7, 4/30/2009 No Asset case, Under median.
    341 Meeting 6/9/2009 - went well.
    Discharged 8/9/2009, Closed 8/11/2009

I'm sorry the loan mod is taking so long. 100k upside down is a lot and from what I've read on other posts, it would take so long to break even it is probably not worth it even you if could get a mod unless it included an actual principal reduction.

Please do update. It's great to hear the progress and I wish you the best. I'm upside down in my house as well, and am just starting the foreclosure process myself.
    Stopped paying CCs 1/1/2009
    Filed 10/2/2009 341 11/8/2009
    Discharged! 1/13/2009 I can hardly believe it....

Comment

Just pay the utilities and HOA your correct.
      Force the mortgage company to play and if they dont
      they can have the sunken ship and see how much they
      profit then.
      Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X