Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approximate foreclosure timeline . . .

Hi all,

I know no one has a crystal ball, but I would like your opinions about how much longer we possibly have here. Here's the run down.

Filed 12/4/2008 BK CH7, checked "intend to stay" but did NOT reaffirm either 1st or 2nd. We were discharged April 2009. We made our last payment to Bank of America 11/16/08 and intended to keep the house until dh lost his job and we realized why not start fresh while we can. We tried a loan mod, but realized they are probably a joke and no way we would qualify without a consistent income. So here we are 14 months later, no payments. Our bankruptcy is NOT closed because we are an asset case and the Trustee is being very slow. We finally received the 1st thing that *might* be the start of foreclosure on February 4, 2010. Bank of America has finally requested to lift the relief from stay. What do you guys think? Is this the start, what am I looking for next? Experiences, anyone? Thanks so much. FWIW we are in Idaho (a non-judicial foreclosure state).

THANKS!

could be as long as a year

Comment

Glad to hear you've got 14 months of no payments. My loan was transfrred to BAC from Wilshire two weeks ago. I am going on 4 months of no payment hoping to get another 6 months or so. Will file chapter 13 if I have to.

Comment

Thanks, any more insight? I'm specifically wondering others that received Relief from Stay and how long it took for the Notice of Default to show up. And obviously those that have Bank of America as lenders would be great also. We have 5 kids, and would like to make this as least stressful as possible. Thanks.

Comment

Southern California. Last payment 11/08. NOD 09/09, as of today's date (02/16/10) NO Notice of Trust sale, no signs, no nothing. Had BofA/Countrywide, discharge Chapter 7 08/09. No asset. Unless you are in Texas, you probably have years...

Comment

Chapter 7 discharged Dec 09. Not reafirming, have not paid since August 09 and only made 2 payments a year before that on a new mod. They have received a relief from stay but have not sent a NOD. They did just send me a letter inviting me to call them about a new mod. Not interested. I'm 100k underwater and I'll just keep delaying things and try to stay here until October.

Comment

You can do a lot to extend the process, but if you do nothing you still have quite a while to say put.

Google your state and the terms foreclosure process. Even after the foreclosure you still have time but it depends on the state.

Comment

How do I extend the process 1967? We are in Idaho (non-judicial). Also, our county has no website to regularly check records, so that is annoying.

Comment

Stopped paying mortgage 7/2009. Filed BK 12/2009. I just received Notice of Relief of Stay from Nationstar. Not sure how long it takes for foreclosure to begin. Im in WA state. Gameplan is to save up for deposit and moving expenses.
                  Filed Chapter 7 - 12/16/2009
                  341 Meeting - 1/26/2010 - done!
                  Last day for objections - 2/25/2010
                  Discharged 3/31/2010

Comment

I also wish I had a crystal ball! We were discharged 1/10. Our last payment was just in October of 09, the month we filed Ch. 7. We received the notice for relief from stay, with a "court date" of March 8. Who knows when we will get an NOD. I am in Las Vegas, and with the amount of foreclosures, we are hoping we have at least 6 more months to save up. I will update!

ps. I spoke with the paralegal at our attorney's office who said the relief from stay process actually is buying us more time since they can't file an NOD until after that. We still hope it's longer than that. Other houses on our block that got the "blue tape" notice, still have not sold...who knows.
                    Filed CH 7 10/14/09
                    341 11/18/09 DONE!
                    Discharged 1/19/10!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X